If you’re planning on attending the Houston Rodeo 2022, then this article will be your go-to resource for everything that goes into planning your trip, from making hotel reservations to deciding what to wear on the day of the event. You’ll even learn how to make some extra money on the side by choosing your transportation wisely and tipping strategically! By the time you finish reading this, you’ll know everything you need to know about making the most of your Houston Rodeo 2022 experience. Let’s get started!
Tips For Getting Around for Houston Rodeo 2022
It’s important to plan when attending events at NRG Park, which includes NRG Stadium, NRG Arena, and The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Here are some quick tips on how to get around. To avoid traffic congestion before heading out:
- Arrive early, even if it’s just an hour or two before game time; parking lots open three hours prior to kickoff for football games (two hours prior for rodeos). There is a $10 charge per vehicle in advance of most events at NRG Park, with a limited number of free general admission spaces available on a first-come basis. Lots may fill up quickly once they open; they fill even faster when there’s good weather predicted (i.e., high temperatures and sunny skies). If you don’t arrive early enough, your best bet is likely to take Houston private car service.
- Carpool with others coming from your neighborhood or office to minimize driving distances in busy areas such as freeways and surface streets near NRG Stadium and downtown Houston – carpool-only lanes near these busy areas will help keep traffic moving quickly.
- Consider using Houston chauffeur services; each company has made significant investments in their ride-sharing programs and people love them for being cheaper than taxis, cleaner than buses, and overall more convenient than personal vehicles. You can be picked up curbside (usually just a few minutes after requesting a ride) without worrying about getting lost or trying to find parking. Plus, drivers often go out of their way to drop off passengers close to entrances/exits so everyone gets where they’re going more quickly!
Where To Stay?
If you plan on coming to Houston Rodeo from out of town, you’ll want to make a reservation as soon as possible. Also, keep in mind that hotels start filling up quickly! If you want to stay close by, make sure you book your room early. And if you plan on renting an Airbnb or any other type of vacation rental, that works too—just note that some places charge hefty fees during events like rodeos and festivals.
Some hotel suggestions:
- Aloft Houston Downtown
- Marriot Marquis Houston
- Hilton Americas – Houston
- Le Meridien Houston Downtown
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Houston by the Galleria
- Crowne Plaza Houston Galleria Area, and the Hotel
- The Moran City center
- Royal Sonesta Houston Galleria
- Courtyard Houston NW/290 Corridor
- Hotel Derek
What To Eat?
A few weeks before you go to Houston Rodeo, start planning your rodeo eating strategy. Texans know how to do two things well: BBQ and breakfast tacos. In fact, breakfast tacos are practically a religion here in Texas—the more add-ons (pico de gallo, beans, scrambled eggs) on your tortilla and/or bacon bits on top of your filling, the better. And don’t forget about dessert! You can’t leave without trying a funnel cake or elephant ear from one of many food trucks scattered around NRG Park.
Some restaurant suggestions:
- Dimassi’s Mediterranean Buffet
- Asahi Sushi
- Russo’s NY Pizzeria
- Golden Krust Caribbean Bakery & Grill
- Asian Stir Fry
- HS Green Fresh Food Kitchen
- Sidelines Bar
- Catfish Station
- Pappas Bar-B-Q
- Akashi Asian Sushi Cuisine & Wine Bar
Although planning might seem like a lot of work, you’ll be glad you did when it comes time to enjoy all that Houston Rodeo has to offer. From exclusive VIP experiences to incredible concert lineups and every rodeo tradition in between, make sure you plan ahead.
Looking to attend next year’s rodeo? If you want an extra-special chauffeured ride, you can reserve a black car service with Lavish Ride. With luxury sedans from famous brands, we’ll get you wherever you need to go in style. And with plenty of seating capacity, our cars are a perfect way to make sure your party is never separated! Reserve your cars as soon as possible so we can help you celebrate rodeo season in style. Schedule pickup today.